WordTango's Disobedient Fiction
with Jenny Shank
- A few days before class – Log in to our virtual classroom space, introduce yourself, and chat with your classmates.
- Recommended Reading – Log on early so that you can review the recommended reading by rule breakers: Alice Munro, Donna Tartt, and Zadie Smith.
- Friday, May 12th – Class begins! Jenny Shank presents an online written lecture, followed by a prompt to get you writing. We will open discussion threads where you can discuss craft and process with your classmates, as well as with Jenny Shank. (We will post the lecture Thursday evening to accommodate those in other timezones.)
- Saturday May 13th –Jenny Shank's written lecture will build on the material presented in day one, and she will provide a second prompt to hone the work you generated in the previous lecture. Saturday is a great day to work on your writing as well as immerse yourself in the supportive community you’ll find at WordTango! (We will post the lecture Friday evening to accommodate those in other timezones.)
- Through May 22nd – Continue to chat with classmates on WordTango message boards throughout the week.
While class is based on the U.S. est time zone, threads will stay open throughout the night so you can jump in and post whenever is convenient for you. Jenny will be available throughout the weekend to offer tips and answer questions.
Share Your Work
We will open conversation threads to give you the opportunity to share your work with your peers. Peer encouragement is an important component of WordTango classes. During class and the following week you may share work, tips, feedback, and support!
Get ready for a great class!