Announcing our 2017 Slate of Fabulous Instructors!
We are happy to announce our fabulous 2017 slate of award winning instructors. Subscirbe to our mailing list for updates on courses from: Kathy Fish, Robert Vaughan, Jenny Shank, Lee Martin, and our very own Jennifer Kircher Carr. Get ready for a great new year with WordTango!
Generate New Work During our Brown Bag Lunch Series!
WordTango is hosting a series of brown bag lunches: Wednesdays 12 p.m. EST. Writers from across the globe gather for the hour to write. Bring your lunch and your notebook, pen, computer... and join us for this free community event! Participants will commit to writing 200 words. It seems small - but it all adds up! During the event you will meet writing buddies and exchange tips and encouragement in a supportive environment... all while you generate new work.
Take Our Hit Submit™ Challenge : Returning Soon!
Join us for our Hit Submit Challenge. This Spring, WordTango will host a virtual community space where writers from across the globe will gather together to hit submit. Participants will commit to completing five submissions within a three hour time frame. During the event you will meet writing buddies and exchange tips and encouragement in a supportive environment... all while you hit submit, and send your darlings off to the world.
Join Our Free Writing Community!
Our virtual writing community is a great place to exchange tips, talk shop, and meet writing buddies. If you haven’t joined already fill out the form then, keep an eye on your email for an invitation from Kona, which is the site where WordTango resides. We hope to “see” you there!
This Winter's Member News
- Cindy W. Rogers' flash fiction "Seven Things I May Tell You Someday" was published in The Eunoia Review. Her CNF piece A Mother's Guide to Leukemia and Its Aftermath was published by Hippocampus Magazine.
- Robert Vaughan's CNF piece "Journey to Planet Write: The Sound of Rushing Waters" appears at Words in Place. His poem "On the Wings Of a Dove" was published by Voicemail Poems.
- Elizabeth Spragins' poems "Restitution" and "Stones of Sunken Road" appear in Fredericksburg Literary and Art Review. Two of her short poems, "Legacy" and "Conformity", appear in Issue 3 of Immix. Her rhupunt (bardic verse in the Celtic style) "The Weight of Water" has been published by New Verse News. Her short verse in the tanka style appears in two publications: Caress and Sand and in Page and Spine. Her two poems "Riven" and "As Long as Eagle Flies" have been published by the Society of Classical Poets. Her poems "Border Walls" and "To Roar" have been published in Quarterday and she has five short poems in the tanka style that appear in Peacock Journal.
- Gillian Walker's story Catching Frogs appears in Vestal Review Issue 50. Her story Sleeping Dragons was published in The Airgonaut. Her story "Where I leave you" appears in The Blue Fifth Review.
- Karin Gall's story The Gaming Hour was published by OverMyDeadBody.com. Her short story "Follow the Sun" is forthcoming in the University of Arkansas literary magazine Arkana.
- Sudha Balagopal's novel New Dawn was published by Laurel Highlands Publishing. Her story Spider appears in The Microfiction Monday Magazine. Her flash Fly Me to the Moon was published by Flash Fiction Magazine. Her flash fiction "Foot Fetish" appears in Peacock Journal and her flash "Incongruence" was published by Foliate Oak. Her story "Earth's Length and Breadth" appears in Brilliant Flash Fiction.
- Lori Sambol Brody's story "Dracula," was published in Noble/Gas. She has a story appearing in Little Fiction. Her story "We'll Fly Away" appears in Porkbelly Press's anthology Sky + Sea. Her stories "Falling Stars" and "Ice Sculptures" were published by Halcyon Days Magazine. Her story "The Truth About Alaskan Rivers" was published in The Forge. Her piece "Undark" was published in Synaesthesia.
- Jan Elman Stout's story "A Crack Shot" appears in Shotgun Honey and her story
"I Arrive Too Early" appears in The Airgonaut.
- Lisa Ferranti's story "Go Fish" was published by Literary Mama. Her flash "Key Findings" made Bath Flash Fiction Award's Feb. 2017 shortlist and will be published in the BFFA 2017 annual print anthology.
- Pamelyn Casto's piece "Short Course on Short-Short Fiction" was published by Abstract Magazine.
- Andrew Stancek's story "Bikes of Danube" appears in the print anthology of American Fiction. He has three stories live at Great Jones Street.
- Jennifer Kircher Carr's story "I Was the Family Dog" was published by Eternal Remedy.
- Meghan Phillips' Star Trek poem, "Yellow Shirt Elegy," is forthcoming at Barrelhouse. Her piece "No One is Coming to Save Me" was published by b(OINK) Magazine. She has a story in Volume V of Lockjaw Magazine. Two of her flashes appear in Issue #9 of The Mondegreen. Her story "She Feels Self-Conscious about Her Teeth" was published in the Lady Monsters issue of Jellyfish Review. Her story "My Sister is Dead and Now Lives on the Moon" was published by Bartleby Snopes. Two of her stories: "Rules" and "Angel Peaches Baby Honey Sweetie Pie Sugar" were nominated for The Best Small Fictions 2017. Her story "You Don't Know What's Important Yet" was a finalist for The 2016 Conium Review Flash Fiction Contest. Her story "Old Shoes" was a finalist in the UK's Creative Writing Ink Journal Competition.
- Jolene McIlwain's CNF "Yes, They've Met" was published by River Teeth. Her piece "Twas Strange, Twas Passing Strange" appears in (b)OINK Magazine. She has a story featured on Mr. Bear Stumpy's "Violet Hour Saloon" Podcast.
- Stacy Burns' story "This Is Not Who We Are" was long listed at Reflex Fiction and her story "Where Life Begins" was published by Jellyfish Review.
- Victoria Melekian's prose poem "Hollow" is forthcoming in Ink in Thirds and her pieces "Tomatoes" and "Oncology Waiting Room" are forthcoming in Vine Leaves Literary Journal.